MaXum 450 14-Slot offers outstanding size to power ratio, fitting 14 blades in a 13U chassis with front-to-back cooling of up to 350W per slot. Its relatively small footprint enables the mounting of three enclosures (42 blades) on a standard 42U rack.
- Increased energy efficiency and reduced ambient noise
MaXum 450 14-Slot was especially designed for increased efficiency and reduced ambient noise. By combining optimized chassis design with dynamic cooling technology, state-of-the-art fans, and optimized cooling algorithms, MaXum450 provides outstanding energy efficiency which is 30% higher than comparable products, dramatically shortening the ROI period.
- Advanced 40G backplane
Asis is renowned for pioneering the “Dual-Dual Star” topology. MaXum 450 14-Slot takes a giant step forward, offering “Dual Star”, “Dual-Dual Star”, and “Full Mesh” topologies in an ultra fast 40Gbps backplane. The new architecture dramatically increases the throughput and the amount of I/O for extremely high-throughput low-latency applications, such as deep packet inspection, network/IT security, and real-time high volume data processing. In addition, MaXum450 is the first chassis to bring 40G full mesh topology on a 14-slot configuration, opening new horizons for massive-scale data acquisition and NFV/SDN applications.
- Next-generation shelf management
MaXum 450 14-Slot features Pigeon Point’s new-generation ShMM 700 redundant shelf manager. The new shelf manager offers major advancements in quality, stability and cost-efficiency.
- Field interchangeable Integrated AC/DC solution
The integrated AC support can be easily added in the field, providing outstanding flexibility and time-to-market. The AC solution supports fully redundant N+1 and N+N configurations. The power from the PSUs to the shelf is provided via two field replaceable AC PEM units, each with a rating of -48 VDC and up to 250 AMP. Each PEM is capable of supplying 100% of shelf power, while the two-PEM configuration provides full power redundancy. To eliminate a single point of failure across the entire path, one or two AC power trays can be connected to two redundant power sources for maximum availability.
- Front-to-back pull cooling of up to 350W per slot
- 40Gbps “Dual Star” “Dual Dual Star” or “Full Mesh”
- New-generation ShMM 700 (Pigeon Point) redundant shelf manager
- AC power with up to 20kW with N+1 or N+N redundancy 350W per slot
- DC power with redundant -48VDC/-60VDC feeds 350W per slot
- Space for user designed modules and storage with power and switch interconnects
- All chassis can be customized to support customer’s application needs
- CE and CSA Certified
- FCC part 15 Compliant
- PICMG 3.0 R3.0 Compliant